Stay in Touch
P.O BOX 15662
Richmond, VA 23227
Apraxia Disorder Facts
Apraxia refers to the 'higher level' disorders of motor control. According to German psychiatrist Hugo Liepmann, there are two distinguished phases that classify Apraxia; the mental images of the intended action and the transduction into appropriate motor commands.
Types of Apraxia disorder: ADHD, Alzheimer's Disease, Migraine, Concentration Disorder, Stroke, Bipolar Disorder Schizophrenia, Epilepsy and Leukemia.
Children ages 3 and above may be diagnosed with Childhood Apraxia of Speech, CAS
Lack of children's inner motivation due to substitues such as simple liquids that meet their caloric needs result in Apraxia of speech.
Eating Related Problems for those with an Apraxia disorder
2. A decline in cognitive function to feeding oneself without the use of eating utensils
3. It may lead to other chronic diseases
4. Dysphagia may occur in patients having difficulty or discomfort when swallowing.
5. Alteration of eating comfort or skill with eating due to signs of reflux, allergies, sinus infections or dental problems
Provided those with Alzheimer's, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson, Dysphagia, ADHD, Cancer, and other Apraxia disorders healthy nutritious bites to help them maintain a healthy lifestyle.
To serve and bring Apraxia disorder awareness to families by providing ezbites.
1. Help patient become INDEPENDENT and maintain their dignity.
2. Prevent Malnutrition by creating healthier eating habits
3. Mutual understanding between caregiver and patient
4. Creating easy-to-swallow nutritional bites for those with Dysphagia as well as children with Apraxia of speech and feeding difficulties
5. Bring awareness to different Apraxia disorders